Box clever to drive sales and profit
- Sector: Energy
- Services: Sales & Service
- Client since: 2016
SalesSense get everything right: the scripts, the calibre of people, the management. And they’re serious about targets. They’re so good at what they do and aligned for the long term.
The Challenge: A partner to drive sales
SalesSense were approached by Topaz, Ireland’s largest fuel and convenience brand – to become their sales and service partner. An incredible partnership delivering unprecedented sales and service that has garnered exceptional loyalty and impressive revenues.
Topaz needed a flexible, collaborative, agile team that could quickly react to market demands. After a poor experience with another provider, Topaz were looking for a deeper, more fruitful partnership, and were really focused on the quality of the team they were engaging with. “Second time around we zeroed right in on the capability of the team, we wanted a real partner, not just a cookie cutter solution” – Liam Mulcahy, Topaz Energy CEO.
increase in margin versus average target
point increase to Net Promoter Score
The Solution: An adaptable sales and service model
- SalesSense initially built a telesales model and team for Topaz. Our team immersed themselves in the Topaz brand and culture before embarking on an incredibly successful target driven sales campaign.
- We pride ourselves in being a world class, award winning Sales & Service Partner with an award-winning training team and trained our Topaz team on direct sales, upsell and cross sell. Each agent was coached and developed with support from both our training team and their Team Leader on a daily and weekly basis to ensure best practice was delivered on every call to every customer regardless of outcome.
- By hiring the perfect team with fantastic attitudes coupled with an exquisite training programme we were delighted to spearhead a superb uplift for Topaz on their NPS score which went from a minus to an increase of + 71 points! Not to mention the positive impact we impressed upon their brand awareness by achieving 50,000 new customers to their loyalty programme.
- Daily KPI reports on the lead generation services kept Topaz fully up to date with progress. In our monthly meetings, we delved deeper to keep uncovering insights and new opportunities, and establish clear plans for the upcoming month.
- To maximise value, during the summer season (which is slower due to warm weather), we moved resources to customer service activities, including an extremely successful data clean up and fee collection campaign.
- As our partnership progressed, it became increasingly clear that customers trying to place orders were often stopped in their tracks due to outstanding monies owed so billing was a major struggle in the business (due to various payments methods across the community branches and the depot from cash to online billing). A solution was required and with our in-depth reporting and lead management experience, we uncovered insights and new opportunities and soon implemented a best practice approach for credit and collections up to and including payment plans. From a staggering €7 Million starting point (both Euro and Sterling), over the course of nine months we collected €3.5 million in revenue and working collaboratively with our client collected a further €2.5 Million in outstanding revenue across both the domestic and business channels.
- We carried out a very successful OB Fuel Card campaign which yielded record results including a 200% increase in margin and 60% increase in one of their add-on products that improves the oil and protects the boiler.
- With our advanced technology, we drilled into the data to determine when a customer on a specific route would likely need a tank refill. Our team called these customers in advance of the tanker departing the depot to offer a tank fill at a discounted rate. This element of the campaign helped to increase both sales and profit, with Topaz Energy Managing Director, Liam Mulcahy noting that “in terms of technology, SalesSense are way ahead of others I’ve worked with, and they use it to drive significant value.”
200% increase in margin versus average target
71-point increase to Net Promoter Score
50,000 new customer loyalty sign-ups in just five months
95% pass rate achieved by all agents on Call Quality and Speech Analytics (CQA)
60% increase in sales of Thermal oil additive
€6 Million recovered in credit & collections campaign (over 9-month period)
“SalesSense get everything right: the scripts, the calibre of people, the management. And they’re serious about targets. They’re so good at what they do and aligned for the long term.” -Liam Mulcahy, CEO, Topaz Energy
‘Topaz/SalesSense team are truly remarkable, in a very competitive market with multiple suppliers offering different rates and offers, our SalesSense Sales Partners exceeded all expectations. They have consistently delivered and grown our revenue performance month on month, whilst living our values and being truly engaging Brand ambassadors at every touch point whilst also ensuring our customers received the best possible experience. From a marketing perspective, I couldn’t have asked for a more advantageous partnership. Their achievement of increasing our Loyalty customer base by a remarkable “50,000” new customer sign ups is nothing short of exceptional. Whilst also driving an uplift from a minus to a +64 NPS score across Group versus previous performance – a truly phenomenal achievement.” – Margaret Barron, Marketing Director – Topaz Energy
“Over the past year the SalesSense team have delivered an exceptional service to Topaz. We built a solid and trusting relationship with the Engagement Centre team – Excellent work Salessense, keep it going!” – Ray Dolan, Managing Director, Couche Tard – Topaz Energy